Collecting your Pledges
3) If you did not raise enough online donations to use all of your pledge match funds, each Pledger is only obliged to pay a pro-rata amount of their pledge. For example, if you had £4,000 of pledge match funds but only raised £2,000 in online donations, each Pledger only needs to pay 50% of what they pledged.
If you have any questions about the process, please email email@example.com
Types of Payment and Proof Accepted
Example of Accepted Document
When can I start collecting pledges?
- You can start collecting pledges after the Summer Give closes at midday on Friday 15th June.
I have received a pledge payment – how do I upload proof of receipt?
- Login to your Big Give account and enter your Summer Give 2018 Dashboard. Next to the name of the Pledger, change the Pledge Status from ‘Not Paid’ to ‘Paid in Full’ or ‘Pro Rata’, whichever is appropriate. An upload button will then appear where you can attach proof of receipt.
What is the deadline for collecting my pledges and uploading proof?
- The deadline for collecting pledges and uploading proof to your Summer Give dashboard is 5pm on Friday 13th July 2018. Note that you will not receive any Champion match funds owed to you until you have completed the process.
My Pledger wants to pay their pledge as part of a larger single donation to our charity. Is this allowed?
- Yes, but the Pledger must send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that the pledge is included in the donation and that the pledge amount is intended as restricted funding for your Summer Give project. E.G. If they have pledged £100 and want to donate £1,000 by cheque, the letter must state that £100 of that cheque is restricted funding.
My Pledger paid their pledge before the close of the Summer Give on 15th June, what do I need to do?
- As per our Terms and Conditions, if your Pledger gives before or during the Summer Give, this will not be recognised as a pledge. They will either be required to give again or you will need to find a replacement Pledger before the 13th July deadline.
The ‘upload pledge proof’ button in my Summer Give Dashboard isn’t working, what shall I do?
- We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when uploading proof as the functionality does not work as well in Internet Explorer.