The Summer Give
What is it?
The Summer Give is an online match funding campaign run by the Big Give and The Childhood Trust. During the week of the campaign supporters can have their donation to participating charities doubled. The campaign is focused on alleviating the impact of child poverty in London during the summer holidays when children are particularly vulnerable.
The Summer Give 2018 took place in June and raised over £1 million for 47 participating charities. You can read more about the campaign here.
Who is eligible?
- UK-registered charities with at least one year of filed accounts and an annual income of at least £25,000 (as per last filed accounts).
- Charities supporting disadvantaged children (aged 4-18) in London during the summer holidays. Projects should ideally include the provision of supervised activities and healthy food (for advice on what constitutes healthy food please visit Public Health England’s “Eatwell” guidance.
- Charities which are registered on theBigGive.org.uk (free to register).
Who matches the donations?
- Each charity has its own matching pot consisting of contributions from a charity’s own major supporters (Pledge funds) and The Childhood Trust (Champion funds).
- Together, these match funds are used to double donations made to the charity via thebiggive.org.uk during the week of the campaign.
- A charity’s Pledge funds will be used to double donations initially. When these have been exhausted, donations will be doubled by the charity’s Champion funds.
- Please see the Summer Give Guidebook below for further information.
Example: If a charity is seeking to raise a total of £8,000 towards their project and receives online donations of £4,000 in the Summer Give, these donations will be doubled by the pledges (£2,000) and The Childhood Trust (£2,000).
How can I apply?
Applications for the Summer Give 2019 are now open. All applications are made via your Big Give charity account.
Stage one application deadline: 15th February 2019
Stage two application (pledge) deadline: 29th March
Campaign dates: 10th – 17th June