The Summer Give
What is it?
The Summer Give is an online match funding campaign run by the Big Give and The Childhood Trust (London’s child poverty charity). The campaign is focused on alleviating the impact of child poverty during the summer holidays when children are particularly vulnerable. Match funding is generously provided by The Childhood Trust to support charities working in this area. As part of the campaign, charities are also responsible for raising match funds from their own major donors to contribute to their matching pots. This matching pot is then used to leverage donations from their wider supporter base and general public.
When is it?
The Summer Give 2017 will take place from 15th to 19th May 2017.
How to apply?
Firstly, click here to register now for the Summer Give campaign.
Applications open on 27th February 2017. You must log in to your charity account on the Big Give and apply by clicking the ‘Apply for Summer Give 2017’ button.
Please note that there are 2 stages to the application process.
- Application stage 1: completion of the online application form by 13th March.
- Application stage 2: collect pledges (promises of funding) from your major donors or trustees by 3rd April. These Pledges form part of your matching pot.
- Charities which are supporting disadvantaged children in London during the school holidays. This must include the provision of activities and healthy food.
- Charities seeking to raise between £4,000 and £100,000 towards a specific project.
- UK-registered charities which have a Charity Commission number or tax-exempt status with at least one year of filed accounts and an annual income of £25,000 or more (as per last filed accounts).
- Charities which are registered on theBigGive.org.uk (free to register).
- Charities which are willing to incorporate online giving and social media into their organisation and be prepared to ask supporters, trustees and volunteers to get involved.
- Charities will be required to provide impact data when asked to by The Childhood Trust in September 2017.
- Questions about eligibility? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does it work?
Charities apply to take part via theBigGive.org.uk completing a short application form, uploading details of their project and securing commitments of pledges from their own major donors.
Successful charities will then be selected to take part by The Childhood Trust and will be given advice and assistance to market the campaign to their own supporters.
When the Summer Give goes live, donations will be doubled by the matching pot. The matching pot for each charity is made up of ring-fenced funds from a combination of two sources (pledges from charities own supporters and funds from The Childhood Trust). Initially donations will be matched by the pledges until these funds are used up and then donations will be matched by The Childhood Trust.
Example: If a charity is seeking to raise a total of £8,000 towards their project and receives online donations of £4,000 in the Summer Give, these donations will be doubled by the pledges (£2,000) and The Childhood Trust (£2,000).
I want to take part
Register your interest here.