The Summer Give
What is it?
The Summer Give is an online match funding campaign run by the Big Give and The Childhood Trust. During the week of the campaign, supporters can have their donation to participating charities doubled. The campaign is focused on alleviating the impact of child poverty in London during the summer holidays when children are particularly vulnerable.
Register Charity Interest
When is it?
12pm Monday 11th June – 12pm Friday 15th June.
Applications open on Monday 12th March.
Who is eligible?
- UK-registered charities with at least one year of filed accounts and an annual income of at least £25,000 (as per last filed accounts).
- Charities supporting disadvantaged children (aged 4-18) in London during the summer holidays. This must include the provision of supervised activities and healthy food (for advice on what constitutes healthy food please visit Public Health England’s “Eatwell” guidance.
- Charities which are registered on theBigGive.org.uk (free to register).
Who matches the donations?
- Each charity has its own matching pot consisting of contributions from a charity’s own major supporters (Pledge funds) and The Childhood Trust (Champion funds).
- Together, these match funds are used to double donations made to the charity via thebiggive.org.uk during the week of the campaign.
- A charity’s Pledge funds will be used to double donations initially and when these have been exhausted, donations will be doubled by the charity’s Champion funds.
Example: If a charity is seeking to raise a total of £8,000 towards their project and receives online donations of £4,000 in the Summer Give, these donations will be doubled by the pledges (£2,000) and The Childhood Trust (£2,000).
I want to take part
As an online fundraising campaign, charities must be willing to incorporate online giving and social media into their organisation and be prepared to ask supporters, trustees and volunteers to get involved.