Website Terms & Conditions
This is the Big Give website. Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you are deemed to accept each time you use the website.
“we” means the Big Give Limited, and “our” shall be construed accordingly. “you” means the person/firm/company or organisation browsing and/or using the Big Give website, and “your” shall be construed accordingly.
Interruptions and Omissions in Service
Whilst we try to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the internet is not an inherently stable medium. Errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. We do not accept any liability arising from any such errors, omissions, interruptions or delays. Neither do we accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it) or to provide the service offered on this website. We may vary the specification of this site from time to time without notice.
1. Links to other sites
On this site you will be offered automatic links to other sites which we hope will be of interest to you. We do not accept any responsibility for or liability in respect of the content of those sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any connection, commercial or otherwise, with us. Using automatic links to gain access to such sites is entirely at your own risk.
2. Information on this site
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete, some of the information is supplied to us by third parties and we are not able to check the accuracy or completeness of that information. We do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on this site or any liability in respect of information on this site supplied by you, any other site user or any other person.
3. Your use of this site
You may only use this site for lawful purposes when seeking charity information, help with your philanthropy or when promoting your charitable projects. You must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the site or any information submitted to or available through it. In particular, but without limitation, you must not seek to access, alter or delete any information to which you do not have authorised access, seek to overload the system via spamming or flooding, take any action or use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of this site or attempt to decipher, disassemble or modify any of the software, coding or information comprised in the site.
You are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to this site. You are responsible for ensuring that all information supplied by you is true, accurate, up-to-date and not misleading or likely to mislead or deceive and that it is not discriminatory, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal, unlawful or in breach of any applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines or codes of practice or the copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any person in any jurisdiction. You are also responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted to this site. We reserve the right to remove any information supplied by you from the website at our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without being required to give any explanation.
4. Information Submitted by You
We will use information supplied by you (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) to achieve the goals of the website and associated administrative functions. This involves us, amongst other things, processing and storing information (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) and passing or making available online such information to prospective donors and advisors; information about projects and charities will be passed to donors and may be posted directly onto the website. We may collect and aggregate data from the information supplied by you to help us to understand our users as a group so that we can provide you with a better service. We may also share information with selected third parties where it is deemed beneficial to the registered charities. You consent to us using information provided by you (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) in each of these ways.
5. Content Rights
The rights in material on this site are protected by international copyright, software and trademark laws and you agree to use this site in a way which does not infringe these rights. You may copy material on this site for your own private or domestic purposes, but no copying for any commercial or business use is permitted.
6. Security and Passwords
In order to register with this site and to sign in when you visit the site, you will need to use a user name and password. You are solely responsible for the security and proper use of your password, which should be kept confidential at all times and not disclosed to any other person. You must notify us immediately if you believe that your password is known to someone else or if it may be used in an unauthorised way. We accept no liability for any unauthorised or improper use or disclosure of any password.
We may terminate your registration and/or deny you access to the site or any part of it (including any services, goods or information available on or through the site) at any time in our absolute discretion and without any explanation or notification.
We accept no liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of the site and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. We hereby exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of this site.
You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of this site.
9. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
The use of this website and any agreements entered into through this website are to be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any agreement made through this website.
Some of the goods or services offered through this website may not be lawful or may otherwise not be permitted in certain countries outside the United Kingdom. If you attempt to order, receive, purchase or otherwise benefit from any such goods or services, we do not accept any liability for any losses suffered by you in using this website which you would not have suffered had you been accessing this website as a United Kingdom resident (including as a result of us being prevented from dealing with any application or enquiry by any law, regulation or other ruling applicable in any country).
10. Changes to Terms and Conditions and Invalidity
These website terms and conditions may be changed by us at any time. You will be deemed to accept the terms and conditions (as amended) when you next use this site following any amendment.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Charity Terms & Conditions
1. Charities must register to use the Big Give service.
2. By submitting information, images and documentation related to the Charity and or a specific project, the Charity is authorising the Big Give Limited (“the Big Give”) to display and make available such project information, images and documentation via www.theBigGive.org.uk (“the Website”) .
3. The Charity is responsible for the content information, images and or documentation provided and indemnifies and will keep indemnified the Big Give against any claim, loss, liability, expense and/or damage (“Losses”) in connection therewith.
4. The Big Give does not guarantee that the Charity will receive any responses to its displayed projects.
5. Donors will contact the Charity directly. The Charity is responsible for the ongoing relationship with the Donor and the Big Give accepts no responsibility for the relationship.
6. By submitting information, images and documentation, the Charity agrees to inform the Big Give of any contact with donors initiated through the Big Give. The Charity agrees to the Big Give using this information for promotional purposes. The Big Give respects the donor’s anonymity if requested by the donor.
7. The Charity shall provide sufficient details about itself and the project to donors including without limitation the Charity’s identity, the nature of its business, the nature of the project, the geographical location and charitable sector of the project, the type of beneficiaries, and the approximate donation required.
8. It is the Charity’s responsibility to protect their computers against any viruses.
9. All and any subsequent dealings between the Charity and any Donor and in connection with the Donor’s response to the project are the responsibility of the Charity and the Big Give accepts no liability whatsoever therewith. The Charity will indemnify the Big Give against any Losses in connection therewith.
10. The Charity will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to all Donors’ details and indemnify the Big Give against any Losses in connection therewith.
11. The Charity will comply with all anti-discrimination legislation including but not limited to the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Race Relations Act 1976, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006. The Charity will indemnify the Big Give against any Losses in connection therewith.
12. The Charity shall not post any project that directly or indirectly promotes age, sex, race or disability discrimination. The Charity will indemnify the Big Give against any Losses in connection therewith.
13. The Charity accepts responsibility for any detriment which it may suffer or incur in respect of the engagement of an Donor and shall hold the Big Give harmless against any Losses in connection therewith. The Charity shall use all reasonable endeavours to ascertain that it will not be detrimental to the interests of the Donor it intends to engage (if any) with the Charity in the project posted.
14. The Big Give reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove any project at any time without reason. Examples of projects that may be removed include, but are not limited to:
* those that the Big Give considers illegal, inappropriate or fraudulent
* those that advertise franchise, pyramid, network marketing or get-rich-quick schemes
* those that have been indiscriminately posted
* those that advertise websites, services, businesses, business opportunities and/or contact details not specifically related to the charity
* those that have had their position in the search results deliberately manipulated
15. The Big Give reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to close any account at any time without reason. Examples of accounts that may be closed include, but are not limited to:
* those that have not provided full or accurate contact or Charity information
* those that the Big Give considers to be acting inappropriately or illegally
* those that use the Big Give.co.uk to advertise websites, services, businesses and/or business opportunities in any part of the project or on any part of the site.
16. By accessing or using any part, service or feature of this site, the Charity agrees to use it in ‘good faith’ i.e. to post authentic, impartial and unique projects of reasonable quality, which provide both adequate and accurate project details. The Charity also agrees that any abuse of the service, website or these terms and conditions can result in the Charity’s access to this service being removed, and accounts terminated.
17. The Charity undertakes not to solicit, or endeavour to solicit, for employment or engagement with itself or any associated company or organisation, any employee of the Big Give. Breach of this clause shall be a material breach and will entitle the Big Give, without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, to terminate the Charity’s account immediately.
18. From time to time the Big Give will contact Charities in order to evaluate the service they receive and also to promote the Big Give’s services and products. Due to the necessity of being informed of any service changes if you wish to opt out of receiving these mailings, your Big Give profile will be removed from the site.
19. The Big Give reserves the right to charge for its service as it sees fit and in its sole and absolute discretion, provided that such charge (if any) shall not be retrospective. The Big Give reserves the right to change any aspect of the service and/or these terms and conditions, at any time without notice.
Donation Terms & Conditions
1. Online Donations
Charities Trust (Charity Reg No 327489) collect all donations made via the Website and disburse them to your requested charity. When donations are collected they incur a 4% administration charge from Charities Trust to cover the collection, credit or debit card fees and administration of the donation. Gift Aid will be collected on all qualifying donations and also disbursed to your requested charity.
Find out more about the donation fee.
We accept the following cards:
2. Unauthorised card use
When a donation is made via the Website the transaction is final and not disputable unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules.
3. Gift Aid information
By selecting that you wish to Gift Aid your donation, you are agreeing to the following:
I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for the current tax year. I understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I have given and that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
You must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that the charity will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.
Please notify us if you:
- want to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
4. About the charities and organisations featured on the Website.
The Website allows you to donate to any of the charities and organisations listed on this Website. All charities with a Big Give “Donate Online” button are provided under a contract from Charities Trust who are authorised to collect donations and reclaim Gift Aid under the UK Government’s Gift Aid Scheme. Charities and Good Causes can have similar names: it is your responsibility to check that you are donating to the organisation you intended.
5. Refunds of donations.
All requests for refunds of donations should be made by the donor to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds of donations are made in accordance with the UK Charities Act 2011 and the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice. Refund requests must be made within 7 days of the donation being made. Refunds of donations are subject to a £10 processing fee. Should a refund be processed which affects a match funding campaign, the Big Give reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to reallocate the match funds secured.