Info for Charities
English / Cymraeg
Double your donations
The Christmas Challenge is the UK’s largest online match funding campaign that can help your charity to raise more money this Christmas. In our experience, match funding offers a compelling proposition that has multiple benefits for your organisation.
Why should you take part?
- Secure additional funds via a Champion procured by the Big Give.
- Incentivise your donors by offering to double donations.
- Optimise your fundraising by running this campaign at Christmas time, when donors are at their most generous.
- Reap the rewards offered by match funding: research has shown that 84% of donors are more likely to give in a match funding campaign; 36% of donors are likely to give more (Walker, 2016).
- Bring together fundraising steams by running a campaign which can include trusts/foundations, corporates & individuals.
- Secure new major donors who can act as Pledgers and have their donation leveraged up to 4 times.
- Increase your income through Gift Aid: 86% of donations made in the Christmas Challenge are Gift Aided.
- Receive tools and support from the Big Give team to help you run a successful campaign.
- Join a national movement of giving as the campaign launches on #GivingTuesday.
How do you take part?
Details of this year’s campaign can be found on our Christmas Challenge page.